The Cape May Point Beach Tag Program has been in operation since 1972. We provide a number of services on the beaches here at the Point. We sell beach tags by the day, week and the season to gain access to our beaches for those over 11 years old. The tag program offers free tags to veterans and active service members and their immediate families. We also provide assistance and information to those who request it.
Beach Tags Required
Everyone 12 and over must have a beach tag to access any Cape May Point Beach from the 3rd Saturday in June through Labor Day. Beach tags are required while lifeguards are on duty and all tags can be purchased on the beaches from any Beach Tag Inspector once beaches open for the season.
Due to COVID-19, there will be no in-office preseason sales inside Borough Hall this year. There are 3 ways to purchase your pre-season tags:
1) Seasonal tags can be purchased directly from the manufacturer online using this link, (processing and shipping fees apply);
2) You can mail a check to Borough Hall beginning in mid-April, as in the past, and pick them up from the Beach Tag Booth; or
3) You can purchase them in person from the Beach Tag Booth.
The Beach Tag Booth will be located behind Borough Hall and will be open as follows:
1) From May 5th - May 29th, the booth is open Thursday through Sunday between 9 am and 12 noon.
2) The booth will be closed May 30th through June 18th.
2) After June 19th the booth is open daily from 9 am to 12 noon.
Beach Tag Rates
The 2022 Beach Tag preseason reduced rate is $36. Make checks payable to “Borough of CMP'' allowing for $36 per tag. Checks must be RECEIVED by May 31st to qualify for the reduced rate. We appreciate your patience as we are not certain when Borough Hall will reopen.
After May 31st:
Weekly (Sat -Sat)…………......…$25.00
Children UNDER the AGE of 12 are FREE!
All tags can be purchased on the beaches from any Beach Tag Inspector once the beaches open for the season.
The Municipal Boundaries for Cape May Point Beaches are from the State Park (Lighthouse Avenue) up to and including the Alexander Avenue Jetty…these areas require Cape May Point Beach Tags. Cape May Point Beach Tags are ONLY valid on our beaches and likewise, our tags are not accepted on other area beaches.
Please Be Safe, Be Alert and Swim near a Lifeguard. Obey Signs and Instructions and Enjoy!